Thursday, March 18, 2010

The streak continues

Yep, it's another Blue Bird Day!  The streak will end probably tomorrow as high winds sweep in a so-called cold front.  Yeah, right!  Temps will probably drop from the mid-70's down into a more reasonable upper 50's or low 60's.  Some cold front.

This morning I penned another water and snow report.  Click on the Arizona Snowbirds blog link at top left to see it.  It's full of good news.

Yesterday was quite busy.  I did manage to saddle up the bicycle and ride over to "well" of Montezuma Well National Monument.  Although we are contiguous to the National Park property, we are at the far west end of the Monument and the famous "well" itself is at the far east end.  The place was packed, not even an open parking spot.  People everywhere.  That's normal for a spring break.  Wet Beaver Creek was running real nice.  Spring at the well is always awesome.

I put quite a lot of time into the Volkssport thing yesterday.  It's moving along nicely.  It now appears 100% certain that we will get a club up and running in Idaho Falls this year.  That's good news.

I spent most of the afternoon cutting dead mesquite limbs from trees across the street.  I filled 3 wheel barrows to overflowing with the wood and then processed it down into campfire size pieces.  I then totally rearranged the woodshed and neatly stacked the mesquite next to the juniper.  Hopefully, we will now have enough wood for this visit plus enough to get us rolling next November or December or whenever we show up here again.  There are no firewood sellers out and about right now--they are thick as flies late each year--now they are totally vaporized.  Who's buying firewood now?  Nobody.

Susun and Stasea arrived at 4:15 and we enjoyed a nice afternoon and early evening.  Susun took her to Cornville about 6:30, returning well after dark.  Gary and I visited by firelight for quite awhile.  it was great to see Stasea.  We last saw her in Idaho Falls in the fall of 2008.  However, we hadn't seen her here at the straw house since sometime in the late 1990's.  She's doing great and has all the latest and greatest electronic stuff.  She's visiting friends in the Cottonwood area and will return to spend Friday night here at the Second Chance Ranch.

This morning's been pretty continuous.  Got up at 5:30 and, gee, now it's 8:30 and all I've done is send and receive emails on various volunteer projects.  Writing that snow and water report took a long time, too.  Hopefully, we will be able to go hiking today.

Well, that's all the news I can muster up this morning.  Cheers!  jp

No comments: