Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Busy Day

Seems like each day since Susun departed has been extraordinarily busy.  Hum....why is that?  Oh, well, we will leave it to the Karmic Prognosticators to read their tea leaves and discern a reasonable answer.

Meanwhile, I am busier than the proverbial one-armed paper hanger.  Today was a Gang-Busters Day!  WOW!

Anyone who knows what our garage looks like during the summer will be able to immediately tell a Hurricane Swept through the garage and whooshed all our camping gear down to the basement where it will reside in Peace (and pieces) all winter long.  WOW!

When the cat dragged the Suzuki home, one domino led to another domino and, well, you know how that goes.  I had to be able to get the Zuki inside the garage to work on it.  But I couldn't download the Camp Warehouse to the basement unless I rearranged our whole storage plan there.  That meant converting the Old Coal Room Workshop to a Boat Room.  But before I could do that, I had to pull everything off the east wall and paint it white.  Then I had to rip into the whole storage arrangement and just totally roto root everything.  Well, that's taken two days.

Meanwhile, I had to totally rearrange the cook shack to absorb tons of stuff and then rearrange the workshop to absorb MORE tons of stuff and, finally, haul everything every which way including LOOSE!  It took forever to empty the Camp Warehouse.  I thought it was never going to end.  I lost track of how many hours I spent on it.  Finally, I was able to pull the new Zuki into the garage sometime this evening, I didn't even glance at my watch.

Everything's real stable here now--there's no flotsam or jetsam showing outside the house or the cook shack.  Nobody would know what mayhem took place here today.  Whew.

Meanwhile, I had to mow the yard because it was long in the tooth and then water all of Susun's flowers and then set a sprinkler for the front yard and then change the goldfish water and then put on a pork roast in El Turco and, well, what can I say, it's been a wild and crazy day and that's after playing a round of golf and visiting three local thrift stores!

I'm sure looking forward to a peaceful slumber this evening.  How 'bout you?

Have a great night & Cheers, jp

PS--Before I "retire" for the evening (Gee, I thought retired March 5th!) I PROMISE to post Stasea's photos that she sent yesterday.  PROMISE!

No comments: